Summer School at Harlaxton
At Harlaxton, we offer a five-week summer school each year with a broad curriculum and various travel opportunities.
Harlaxton College offers a five-week summer school each year and, like our regular semesters, we offer a broad curriculum and several optional weekend travel opportunities. Often courses are tailored to allow an experiential dimension to enhance classroom academics and field trips used to produce an intensive programme of study. Basic policies and procedures follow:
- The priority deadline for receipt of applications is 23 January 2015. Applications will be accepted after that date on a space available basis. Applications and preliminary course information are now available.
- Applications and deposits should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure your place in courses with limited enrollment and so course enrollment figures may be projected. Enrollment is determined by the order in which deposits are received.
- A non-refundable deposit of $250 is due by 23 January 2015 (or upon application if the application is submitted after 23 January). However, if a course is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, your deposit will be refunded. Once a course is confirmed after 23 January, the deposit is not refundable or transferable to a different course.
- A minimum of eight deposited tuition-paying students is required for a summer course to be offered at Harlaxton. Decisions will be made about the status of all courses just after the 23 January 2015 priority deadline.
- Minimum GPA requirements: 2.00 cumulative and 2.00 in the semester prior to departure.
- Students must enroll in a minimum of three semester hours; maximum load is six semester hours; no pass/fail option is offered. Tuition is charged by the credit hour.
- Some courses will assess a course fee to cover the cost of course-related trips and admission charges. Final course fees will be determined and collected after arrival at Harlaxton unless indicated otherwise in the course description.
The following information relates to our Summer School 2015:
|16||Students arrive at Harlaxton Manor|
|22-24||London Weekend Trip (Provisional)|
|29||York Day Trip (Provisional)|
|30||Cambridge Day Trip (Provisional)|
|12-14||Edinburgh Weekend Trip (Provisional)|
|18||Students Depart Harlaxton Manor for USA, Paris, or Personal Travel|
|18-22||Paris Trip (Long Weekend - Thur. to Mon.) (Provisional)|
|23||Paris Trip Participants Depart for USA or Personal Travel|
Summer 2015 syllabi will be posted below as they become available and are marked “official” in March
- ANTH 301 SPECIAL TOPICS IN SCIENCE FICTION: ANTHROPOLOGY THROUGH SCIENCE FICTION (3) Professor James Berry
- BUS 380 SPECIAL TOPICS IN BUSINESS: INTERNATIONAL TOURISM (3) Professor Kevin Nelson
- EXSS 451 SPORT PSYCHOLOGY AND THE LONDON OLYMPICS (3) Professor Gregg Wilson
- REL 212 LIVING WORLD RELIGIONS (3), Professor Tammy Gieselman
- SOC 105 INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY (3) Professor Mari Plikuhn
- SOC 386 DEATH AND DYING (3) Professor Mari Plikuhn
- THTR 110 INTRODUCTION TO THEATRE (3) Professor Joseph Flauto
Please contact the Harlaxton College Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.812.488.1085) for further information.