Embrace Harlaxton is a student-led communication consultancy undertaking pro bono work, primarily with local charities or public sector clients, in and around Lincolnshire.
It offers you an opportunity to discover more about the UK during your stay at Harlaxton and through the work you’ll undertake with Embrace Harlaxton you will get to meet more people, see more of England, experience things “visitors” rarely see and gain a deeper insight into British life. You will also have the satisfaction of acting as an ambassador for the University and your nation whilst helping good causes across a range of subjects, from health and social well-being to environmental issues.
At the same time the projects will help you gain business knowledge and skills that you can add to your CV, putting you at a real advantage in the workplace when you return to the US to graduate.
Things you might do with Embrace Harlaxton include:
- Event organization.
- Media liaison and training.
- Communications support for fundraising.
- Development of online resources such as new web sites.
- Creation of a brand identity from scratch and development of on and offline promotional content.
- Development of a social media profile and training in using it for volunteers.
- Creation of content like video to promote services.
- Design and redesign of leaflets describing services.
- In short we want embrace Harlaxton to tackle everything a commercial communications consultancy would do for a client without the cost.
In short we want embrace Harlaxton to tackle everything a commercial communications consultancy would do for a client without the cost.
“Embrace was undoubtedly the most valuable program I participated in during my time at UE, for reasons that go far beyond the practical experience I gained in marketing and communications. By delivering professional services and navigating complex relationships with a diverse range of clients, I not only developed technical proficiency required for agency work, I also made immensely valuable discoveries about myself, my interpersonal values, and my professional goals in real time. The Embrace experience - including the rich network of peers and mentors I gained - equipped me to embark on my post-college journey with a sense of confidence and purpose that just can't be taught with a textbook.” Emily Schuster - Class of 2020