Come to Harlaxton for the semester and immerse yourself in real world experience as you earn credit towards your degree. Students receive personalized service through the pre-departure process and an onsite internship coordinator to help with questions and issues along the way, making the Harlaxton Internship program an experiential learning program that you will love!
Examples of Internship Options
- Local Non Profits- help organizations in the local community.
- Sports/ Exercise Science- work with local sports teams and wellness venues.
- Hospitality at the Manor- intern with our events team to learn both the business and organization of events management.
- Local businesses- learn with a business in the Harlaxton area and apply new skills as you learn the world of work in the UK
- Health care- work with the NHS and other health care organizations
Students continue to take two courses and have time to experience the UK and beyond.
How the application process works for an internship at Harlaxton
- Step 1:
- Complete the application for the Internship experience. This application will give you the opportunity to tell us your goals and requirements for an internship. We want to make sure we have the right placement for you! Apply Now.
- Step 2:
- The Harlaxton internship coordinator will schedule a call to hear more about your interest and determine if the program is right for you!
- Step 3:
- Once you are approved for your internship, you will complete all of your pre-departure work on myHarlaxton.
- Step 4:
- Getting your Tier 4 Visa. The Harlaxton office will help you with the Tier 4 Visa needed to complete an internship in the UK. This Visa cost is approximately $525 with additional costs for travel for a visa appointment. These fees are in addition to your study abroad program fees. There may also be additional fees for transportation to and from your internship site.