The core pages of harlaxton.ac.uk are run by the Office of Content Delivery at the University of Evansville [External Link]. From time to time a visit to the following web sites will set cookies on your computer (if you give consent):
- www.harlaxton.ac.uk or harlaxton.evansville.edu (Main College website)
- studyabroad.evansville.edu (myHarlaxton & myUEabroad application management website)
Cookies are small files which sit on your computer and record specific interactions between you and the applicable website, and in some cases, other websites. This information is sometimes shared with the University of Evansville [External Link], and in other cases, third parties. Below is more detail about the cookies we use, what they record and who the information is shared with. You are of course free to disable cookies.
We use them to:
- Remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again.
- Keep you signed in, even on different devices.
- Help us understand how people are using our sites and services, so we can make them better.
- Help us personalize our websites for you by remembering your preferences and settings.
- To find out if our newsletters have been read and if you find them useful.
Functionality lost by disabling cookies or not giving consent
If you disable cookies, or don't opt in to receive them from our web sites, some functionality will not be available. For example:
- the ability to register for participation in our semester and summer programs
- the ability to make travel bookings
A few things on our websites wouldn't work at all without some cookies.
These cookies are set by someone other than the owner of the website you’re visiting. Some Harlaxton College web pages may also contain content from other sites like YouTube or Flickr, which may set their own cookies. Also, if you share a link to a Harlaxton College page, the service you share it on (for example, Facebook) may set a cookie on your browser. We have no control over third-party cookies - you can turn them off, but not through us.
How long do cookies last?
Some are erased when you close the browser on your website or app. Others stay longer, sometimes forever, and are saved onto your device so they're there when you come back.
How do I control my cookies and tracking?
When you first visit one of our sites, we will tell you about our cookies and ask you to agree if we can use them.
You can always change your mind by going to your settings. Another way to control some tracking is in the settings on your device.
How to disable cookies
Your web browser will have an option you can select which will block cookies. Below are links to popular web browsers, and how to block cookies using them.