© 2012 Harlaxton College all rights reserved.
Material published by Harlaxton College on these web pages is copyright Harlaxton College and may not be reproduced without permission. Copyright exists in all other original material published on the internet by staff or students of Harlaxton College and may belong to the author or to Harlaxton College depending on the circumstances of publication.
The information contained in this web site is for guidance only.
While Harlaxton College makes every effort to check that the information contained in these pages is correct and up-to-date at the time of publication, it cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
The College does not accept any responsibility for the information provided on external websites reached via links from these webpages.
The College reserves the right to make amendments to the web site at any time and without prior notice.
By using our website you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in accordance with this policy. The processing of personal information is regulated in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998 and you have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you and to have information corrected if it is inaccurate. Please contact us [Email: firstname.lastname@example.org] for further information.
What information is collected?
- Personal information given to us by you via on-line applications, LionNet or requests for information will be used to provide you with information, goods or services you have requested such as prospectuses. The details you provide will not be used for marketing purposes unless you have been informed of this and have been given the opportunity to opt-out of having your details used for this purpose.
- When logging into our website (e.g. LionNet) on your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device, your IP address is collected automatically by the server.
- Sometimes we may ask you to provide some limited further personal information about yourself to enable you to participate in services such as travel services and e-payment facilities.
- Some web pages involve placing small amounts of information on your device (e.g. computer or mobile phone). These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
What do we do with the information?
- Any personal information that you provide to us will only be used for the purpose described at the point that we request it and it may be passed to appropriate employees of the College for that purpose. In the case of students of the College this information may be shared with the University of Evansville and or our Partner Colleges where appropriate.
- We will not sell, license or trade your personal information to others. We do not provide your personal information to direct marketing companies or other such organisations unless we have explicitly asked your permission to do so.
- We may use your personal information for our own marketing purposes as laid down in the College's registration under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Using web site logging data we may analyse demographic and other information to help us improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our website. Any analysis will be used for statistical purposes only and will not be capable of identifying you as an individual user.